House Fire In Connecticut Kills Madonna Badger Parents And Three Children
Some stories are beyond sad.
Lomer Johnson died along with his wife Pauline and their three granddaughters Sarah, twins Grace, and Lily after his daughter Madonna Badger’ mansion was engulfed with fire on Christmas day.
Johnson who was mainly known in his Connecticut neighborhood for his friendliness, his long white beard and for annually playing Santa Claus at the Saks Fifth Avenue in New York City spent Christmas eve making children happy at the luxurious store only to go home and die in a huge inferno.
According to police reports that shed little light on the horrific incident – for some mysterious reason Madonna Badger’s $1.7 million Stamford home caught fire apparently killing her mother and two of her children instantly.
The disposition of the bodies revealed that the seasonal Santa who once was the safety director for the Brown-Forman Corporation was killed on the roof of the house as he tried to usher one of his granddaughter to safety.
By some miracle Badger, who is an advertising executive for the fashion firm Badger & Winters Group along with a family friend named Michael Borcina, managed to escape the raging fire in her waterfront mansion due to the fact they were on on the first floor of the 3 story house.
The house where the 5 people perished was deemed unsafe by Stamford fire chief Antonio Conte and will therefore be razed to the ground.